Why You Need the IWC
Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, founded in 1985, will make you a smarter wine consumer. Whatever your budget or level of expertise, we'll help you find and enjoy better wine.
As wine lovers in all 50 states and 34 countries know, the IWC covers three to five topics per issue in depth, with each new issue offering 100,000+ words of wine coverage and detailed tasting notes on an average of 1,500 new wines. In addition, frequent bonus features highlight reasonably priced categories that deliver outstanding value.
Here are just some of the reasons the IWC will become your most trusted and valuable source for wine intelligence:
- We're independent of the wine trade. We are not involved in the importation, distribution or retail sale of wine, which makes us free to praise or criticize wines as we see fit. The IWC is 100% supported by subscription revenue.
- We have maintained our high standards for assessing wines. While some other wine publications often appear to be serving the interests of producers with inflated wine scores, the IWC serves the needs of our subscribers. Because we haven't yielded to grade inflation, an outstanding rating in the IWC is your best assurance of a superior wine. We'll help you find the finest wines in the market, whatever your price range, and we'll help you avoid making costly mistakes.
- We do the legwork. My contributors and I each spend months on the road each year tasting literally thousands of wines in the cellars, with their makers. We follow up by conducting extensive peer-group tastings of finished wines so that we can highlight the best in each category.
- We give you inside information. When we visit a region, we bring you insiders' views of each new growing season and its challenges, in-depth information on the vineyard work and winemaking, and technical detail on the wines. In short, we deliver the information you need to make informed buying decisions and select the wines you're most likely to enjoy.
- We identify emerging superstars and exciting wines new to the U.S. market. And we do this in time for subscribers to track down and snap up these superb but often limited bottlings.
- We cover the waterfront. While we offer extensive coverage of categories of greatest interest to serious collectors (such as Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhone Valley, Piedmont and California), we also devote considerable time and energy to frequently overlooked regions that can offer superb value in addition to high quality, such as our own Northwest, Spain, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and Chile.
- We offer jargon-free treatment of technical topics and controversial issues. As we help you increase your knowledge level, you'll become a smarter consumer and a more discerning taster.
Subscribe today and start enjoying better wine right now. The IWC also makes a gift that your wine-loving friends, relatives and business associates will be sure to thank you for.
All the best in wine,
Stephen Tanzer, Editor/Publisher
Go to subscription options >>
1 year for $95.00
You receive 6 bimonthly issues via the Web, each containing reviews and ratings of 1,200 to 1,800 wines, as well as 12 months of on-line access to the complete IWC archives (extending back nearly 12 years and including more than 80,000 tasting notes) and the special IWC user forum.
6 months for $50.00
You receive 3 bimonthly issues via the Web, each containing reviews and ratings of 1,200 to 1,800 wines, as well as 6 months of on-line access to the complete IWC archives and the special IWC user forum.
2 months for $19.95
Your lowest-risk option for checking out this critically acclaimed wine-reviewing publication. You receive 1 bimonthly issue via the Web, with reviews and ratings of 1,200 to 1,800 wines, and 2 months of on-line access to the complete IWC archives and the special IWC user forum.
This is a gift subscription